There’s A Lot To Like About Fort Worth Commercial Property
If you had to pick a spot in the United States to ride out the downturn in commercial real estate, Fort Worth and Tarrant County would be high on the list.
Sure, the area has taken a hit during the economic downturn, and the coming surge in commercial real estate foreclosures will bring its share of turbulence. But when the weather is stormy, it’s time to look at the foundations of the market—and the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex has fundamentals that can’t be beat:
- A business-friendly environment, with government at every level in the state working to attract, and keep, companies
- A resourceful, well-trained work force
- A cost of living below that of other large metropolitan areas
- Access to major urban centers across the country via rail, highway and a world-class airport
- A population that’s expected to grow by more than 4 million by 2030, according to the North Central Texas Council of Governments
And in the western portion of the Metroplex, stretching from Grand Prairie through Arlington and points west, you can add the economic impact of the Barnett Shale—a vast natural gas field that is expected to bring millions of dollars into the local economy in the coming decades.
There are plenty of places to hang your hat—whether it’s in downtown Fort Worth, or close to it in Haltom City, or near the Alliance Airport area in Haslet, Saginaw, Keller and the Blue Mound area. And now, when the economic climate is unsettled, is the time to make your move.
Where To Look For Commercial Property in the Ft. Worth area
You can find listings for property in Tarrant County on a variety of Web sites. Here are a few to glance at:
- The Dallas Business Journal offers listings for the Metroplex at http://dallas.bizjournals.com/bizspace/dallas/
- CoStar Group has listings at http://www.costar.com
- BuildingSearch.com offers listings at http://www.buildingsearch.com/
- CB Richard Ellis offers a search function at http://www.cbre.com/USA/Property+Listings/Properties+for+Lease.htm and http://www.cbre.com/USA/Property+Listings/Properties+for+Sale.htm
- Fort Worth-based NAI Huff Partners offers listings at http://huffpartners.catylist.com/
- And Craigslist offers commercial listings at http://dallas.craigslist.org/off/