What’s The Right Apartment For You?
If you’re moving to the Dallas Fort Worth, or if you’re just moving from one place to another in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, there are plenty of options if you’re looking for an apartment for rent.
But not all apartments for rent are created equal. The best way to start your search for the apartment you’re looking for in North Texas is to do some homework. Here are just a few things worth thinking about:
- What size apartment do you need?
- Where’s the best location? Is it close to the things that matter—work, shopping, schools, church?
- How much will it cost to rent? Are any utilities included?
- Is covered parking available? (Hey, it’s Texas. You want covered parking.)
When it’s time to visit your top choices, it’s time to think a little bit outside the box, whether you’re considering luxury apartments or a furnished apartment. You’ll look for the obvious red flags—but what about the little things?
- When you’re being escorted around the premises, take a look at the common areas. Are they well-maintained? Are the facilities worn?
- Once you’ve reached the apartment you’re being offered, run the shower and check the water pressure.
- Check the tracking on any sliding doors—closet doors, patio doors, you name it.
- Look up at the ceiling. Check for the telltale signs of water damage—discoloration, or areas near the windows or water fixtures that appear to have been repaired recently.
- Have any of the outlets been painted over?
Where To Look in Dallas Fort Worth For The Apartment You Want
If you want to start your search for an apartment in Dallas County, Tarrant County or elsewhere in North Texas on the Web, there are plenty of options:
- dallas.craiglist.org (click on housing)
You can localize your search to the areas you’re interested in, such as Arlington, Keller, Fort Worth, Haslet or the Blue Mound area.