Whether you are a new business or your business is growing, deciding to lease warehouse space can be a good move. Leasing warehouse space in the Dallas / Fort Worth area can help conserve capital, eliminate many management responsibilities and by leasing, you give your company flexibility for future growth.
Here are a few things to consider when thinking about leasing warehouse space in Fort Worth:
- Know exactly what your needs are. You may need electricity and a certain number of outlets. You may also need water. Another area of concern could be ceiling space.
- Will this be a working warehouse? Some companies use warehouse space for storage only but if this will be a working warehouse you will need restroom facilities, proper ventilation, parking spaces and a break room for your employees.
- How much space will you need?
- Research your location options. How often do you receive or send shipments. Companies that do a heavy amount of shipping or receiving will probably benefit by being near a major freeway.
- What kind of access will you need to the building? Doorways need to be large enough for deliveries and you may even require docks.
- Recognize your responsibilities as a tenant. Do not assume that the landlord will do certain things. Be sure to read your lease.
- Insure your equipment. the landlord’s insurance does not cover losses to your inventory or equipment. You may also need to purchase liability insurance in case an employee or visitor is injured.
These are just few of the things you will need to think about when preparing to lease warehouse space for your new or growing enterprise. If you additional questions please feel free to contact Kimberly Olds, leasing manager for RDS Real Estate. We have space available throughout Tarrant County in locations such as Arlington, Burleson, Fort Worth, Haltom City and Mansfield. Kimberly can be reached at 817-903-9438. Our leasing office is located in N. Fort Worth at the Blue Mound Business Centre.